Family: Dog saved us from carbon monoxide

November 14, 2011 9:58:20 AM PST
Members of a South Side family say their dog saved their lives when a carbon monoxide leak made them sick.

The residents say the dog's frantic behavior alerted them that there was a problem, and when firefighters arrived at the home on South Winchester they found high carbon monoxide levels.

The home did not have electricity, and a generator was operating in the basement.

A 52-year-year-old woman, a 22-year-old man and two boys age 12 and 14 were all taken to a hospital in fair to serious condition.

Load Comments