This event celebrates the "power of play" with over 150 exhibitors showcasing the latest in hot toys and games available for the holiday season, as well as meet the toy and game inventor. There are also interactive children's activities, tournaments and free product samples. There will be continues live stage entertainment throughout the weekend. Several of the local inventors showed their newest toys to ABC 7.
More Information on the Toy & Game Fair at chitag.com
Kathryn O'Brien: It'z Purple! American DollHouses
Local Mom, Catherine O'Brien This uniquely designed dollhouse is meant to meet the needs of this generation of young American girls today. Created out of a need, local Chicago mom found out that traditional dollhouses can't accommodate her daughter's favorite 18" dolls. It'z Purple! American DollHouses ( www.americandollhouses.com )do just that and collapse when you are doing playing-saving space and time.
- 3 Models:
- 1 Room/Ice Cream Shoppe DollHouse-a sweet treat for anyone. Who doesn't enjoy taking a trip to the Ice Cream Shoppe for a refreshing treat or simply to hang out with friends? The one room interior features "Ribbon and Red Posies" wall design that can be a charming dining room, delightful bedroom, or perky parlour room, or anything else your child can imagine for her doll. Even better yet, she can change it as often as she wants, the choice is hers!SRP-$85.00
- Two Rooms/Barn DollHouseFor the Horse Lover, this is the perfect DollHouse that features "The Barn" and two designer rooms. The long wall depicts the inside stable rooms with barn doors overlooking blue skies and green pastures. On the other side are two rooms. One room interior features "Splash of Spring" wall design with two windows, while the other interior features "Ribbon Blue & Yellow Posies". Suggested Retail Price: $115.00
- Four Room "Carol Ann" DollHouse The ultimate in room layout options, the Four Room "Carol Ann" features 4 uniquely designed rooms: "Rose Garden" brings a modern twist to an art deco rose garden interior with long elegant windows, "Kitchen Bouquet" reminds you of the important things in life ? Friendship, Love, Family, and Laughter, "Purple Posies and Ribbon" boasts pink, purple and red flowers with floor to ceiling ribbon stripes, "Out of the Blue" adds a touch of class and elegance. Suggested Retail Price: $150.00
Ilyse Branin: Floppets by Zydeco Studios
Ilyse works in Gage's Lake on the SEDOL campus and in Libertyville at John Powers School for the deaf and hard of hearing. .When Ilyse is not teaching she is designing at Zydeco Studios, is a little startup located in the north shore suburbs.
- Floppets (floppets.com)
- Floppets are cool, affordable, fun that are a great stocking stuffer or gift topper! They can be highly addictive to anyone wanting to adorn themselves in cute little critters.
- Floppets can be attached to flip flogs, fingers, wrists, necklaces, pencils, backpacks, shoe laces, ear buds and almost any other safe thing
- Floopets like to clint to the most anything close to you, especially other Floppets
- The tether, the little Velcro strap helps your Floppet hold onto things; you can wear the floopet on your finter like a ring, pose your Floppet so it can stand up for its own adventure
- SRP $1.99
Mary Couzin: Hollywood's Reel Schpeel
Mary turned her passion for invention into DiscoverGames.com, the world's largest co-op of board game inventors. Reel Schpeel is the movie trivia and celebrity game. Players deliver movie line, hints and act out answers to questions about great films and celebrities. It contains over 5000 questions on clever filmstrip cards. Suggested retail $30. discovergames.com/reelschpeel.html
Kim Vandenbroucke: Scattergories Categories
Kim Vandenbroucke is a game inventor and developer, brainstorming facilitator and president of Brainy Chick, Inc. Her latest game, Scattergories Categories is available now and her newest card game, High-Low RACK-O, will be available Fall, 2011 at Chicago Toy & Game Fair. Kim is in the Top Trumps inventor pack and will be autographing packs at ChiTAG this weekend. Retail $20; available at various stores and amazon.com