The National Retail Federation says 226 million shoppers visited stores and websites between Thanksgiving Day and Sunday.
Of course, retailers hope that trend continues on this Cyber Monday. Brad Wilson is the founder of bradsdeals.com joined us with the keys to making sure you get the best deals.
Cyber Monday Tips:
1) Free Shipping is the rule.
Many big stores like Amazon.com, Walmart.com and Target.com are automatically doing free shipping right now on most items. If your store is not, there is most likely a coupon code for it.
2) Shopping Online Saves Chicagoans almost 10% in Sales Tax.
Amazon, Overstock.com, Buy.com, Zappos.com, Shoes.com and many other big online stores don't collect sales tax from IL shoppers.
3) Your credit card may be a free extended warranty.
Most American Express cards, for example, include a warranty extension service that doubles your warranty automatically for up to one year for any items purchased with the card.
4) Don't forget the coupon codes!
Our average shopper takes less than 90 seconds to find a code and saves 24%.
1) The Flip Camcorder will be $60
2) Many apparel retailers will have 40% off or more plus free shipping
3) Crocs.com will have 25% off
4) HP.com will take an extra $20 to $200 off all laptops
For more info and a list of Cyber Monday coupons, visit bradsdeals.com