Carbon monoxide scare clears building

November 29, 2011 1:25:51 PM PST
There were some scary moments for residents in one South Side apartment building Tuesday morning.

Ambulances were called to the Jackson Park Terrace Apartments in the 6000-block of South Harper around 8 a.m. after high carbon monoxide levels were detected.

Emergency crews evacuated the building and did not allow residents back inside until the building was aired out.

Officials determined that the levels were due to a leak in the flue of a hot water heater.

No one was injured.

Load Comments