Those with normal, combination or oily skin will find that their skin can become drier. For those who already have dry or sensitive skin, it can worsen during the winter months. Since 1851, Kiehl's has made products designed specifically to help protect skin in the harsh winter months. Company President, Chris Salgardo is in Chicago for the grand opening of the company's first ever Midwest flagship store.
Kiehl's Grand Opening Party Tonight, 4-7PM The Shops at North Bridge 520 North Michigan Ave Chicago 312-321-3601
More information online, visit www.kiehls.com
- Kiehl's Recommendations for caring for the skin in the winter to keep it healthy and moisturized.
- Double your water intake. When you think you've had enough water, drink more?this will hydrate you from the inside and keep skin healthy.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water at the sink, instead of under the pressure and heat of the shower, which can contribute to irritation and dehydration.
- Use lukewarm to cool water when you shower or bathe?Hot showers may be relaxing, but the hotter the water, the more damaging and dehydrating it is on the skin. Soaking in a hot bath is also dehydrating to your skin.
- Prepare your skin for moisturizer by applying an alcohol-free toner specially formulated to hydrate and nourish the skin.
- Apply a rich moisturizer while skin is still damp to lock in moisture.
- 2 or 3 times a week, use a gentle exfoliant to get rid of dry skin and allow your moisturizer to penetrate more effectively
- Allow your skin to repair and rejuvenate in the evening by using skincare products created to help skin recover overnight, such as Midnight Recovery Concentrate, a 99% natural blend of essential and botanical oils that regenerates, repairs and rejuvenates skin's natural oils while you sleep.
- Rosa Arctica ($60): richest moisturizer to date, helps the skin retain moisture, and increase skin's cell vitality.
- Midnight Recovery Concentrate ($43) 99% natural blend of essential and botanical oils that regenerates, repairs and rejuvenates skin's natural oils while you sleep (Apply at night, alone or over your favorite moisturizer.)
- Midnight Recovery Eye ($36) Works overnight while skin is naturally trying to regenerate and repair itself to reduce puffiness, fine lines and wrinkles to create fresher, younger-looking eyes by morning. Key ingredient is Butcher's Broom extract, from Butcher's Broom, an evergreen shrub, an ingredient that's been used for centuries by old-world pharmacists to improve blood circulation, strengthen fragile capillary walls and reduces puffiness under the eyes. Also includes Squalane, Evening Primrose Oil and Lavender Oil.
- Cross-Terrain UV Face Protector SPF 50 ($25.50) Our "Cross-Terrain" sunscreen provides optimum UVA/UVB broad-spectrum protection against sunburn in even the most extreme weather conditions.
- Super Fluid UV Defense SPF 50+ ($34) protects skin from 90% of all aging from damaging UVA and UVB rays, and is weightless, blendable and matte, so you can wear this every single day without interfering with your makeup. (Apply daily, after moisturizer, before makeup.)
- Lip Balm #1 ($7) Helps protect lips from the drying effects of wind and cold weather. Formulated with soothing emollients Squalane, Lanolin and Sweet Almond Oil as well as Vitamins A and E.
- FEATURED PRODUCTS: