Stefanie Safran, founder of "Stef and the City" (www.stefandthecity.com), joined us in our ABC7 studio with tips on all that.
Single During the Holidays
Instead of frequenting your normal holiday hangouts, singles should take advantage of the holiday season using social media.
1. Utilize websites such as www.Meetup.com find new friends and join social groups.
2. Stay in touch with friends using Facebook for holiday parties and invitations.
3. Network. Use LinkedIn and daily sites such as www.NowYouKnowevents.com
Stefanie's Gift Suggestions When You've Just Started Dating
1. Candles from Style Shack ( www.styleshackgifts.com/); $24 each
2. Joyce Walking Tours ( www.joycewalkschicago.com/); $20-$25 for adults, $15 for seniors and students, $10 for children over 5 (5 and under are free)
3. Rent the Runway ((www.renttherunway.com/lp/signup/springd?campaign=PPCBRAND_rent%20the%20runway&CTA=EG2&Off=2644&KY=rent%20the%20runway&jt=1&jp=&jadid=9821344741&js=1&jk=rent%20the%20runway&jsid=25875&jkId=gc:a8a8ae4e7313b3248013168952a2e6670:t1_e_:k_rent%20the%20runway:pl_&gclid=CIP3yqvdhq0CFRBb7AodSnveTQ); prices vary based on choices, but on average a dress rental runs $50-$250 and $10 for shipping.