Jared Hoffa, our resident App Man, showed us the latest technology available to help us keep our new year's resolutions and get heathy and fit in 2012. Check out the products and apps that he featured below:
iHealth Scale ($69.95 on www.iHealth99.com)
This step-on scale works with the iHealth Scale app, free at the App Store. The scale reads and records your weight on your mobile device via Bluetooth connection. The scale's displays are clear, colorful and easy to read. Track your progress and organize records with simple, personalized graph tools. Set target goals for weight management using the Milestone feature. Easily share one-time readings or long-term trends with friends, family or doctors. Supports multiple users on multiple mobile devices so family members can share it.
iHealth Lab Blood Pressure Dock ($99.95 on www.iHealth99.com)
Gives you the ability to test, track, graph and share your blood pressure results using your iPod touch, iPhone or iPad.
- Test your blood pressure. Anytime, anywhere, with perfect ease! Each measurement includes systolic and diastolic measurements and heart rate.
- Easily track your readings over time to better manage your blood pressure and its changes due to exercise, medication, diet, weight and more.
- View your blood pressure results over time with iHealth's easy and convenient graphing function. This allows you to view patterns by date and time of day and create custom graphs and charts.
- Instantaneously share results with family, friends, fitness buddies and, most importantly, keep doctors notified of your current blood pressure readings.
Wahoo Fitness: Run / Gym Pack ($199.99 on www.wahoofitness.com)
Wirelessly connects to any ANT+ fitness measuring device, including your heart rate monitor, transforming your iPhone into a complete workout computer with GPS, fitness app, your favorite playlist and real-time workout info, all in the palm of your hand
-ANT+ radio transceiver with 30 pin connector supports all current and future ANT+ sensors, allowing you to track heart rate, time, calories, pace, distance, course, and more all on your iPhone
- Compatible with 100+ leading fitness apps, including the free Wahoo Fitness app, as well as the leading fitness applications available on iTunes
-Includes Wahoo ANT+ Key and Wahoo Fitness soft belt heart rate monitor
-Optional Wahoo armband provides protection for your iPhone with full touch screen access
App compatibility: http://www.wahoofitness.com/Apps/Apps.asp
You Are Your Own Gym app ($1.99 for iPhone & Android)
You are Your Own Gym is the affordable and fun workout program that requires only your body and your surroundings. These workouts are quick, easy, great for all fitness levels and they work! Even the beginner workouts will challenge those that come from a weight training background while improving stability and range of motion.
Based on the best selling book by Mark Lauren, the bodyweight exercises in this app have been used to create society's leanest, strongest, most confident people. He honed his program for a decade while preparing nearly a thousand soldiers for the extreme demands of the most elite levels of the U.S. Special Operations.
Use this mobile companion to reference over 120 different body weight exercises and over 320 variations of varying difficulty! Stop making excuses, you can get into shape with as little as 30 minutes a day!