There are plenty of things to do in Chicago this month, and a lot of them are even free. Dorothy Coyle, executive director with the Chicago Office of Tourism and Culture was in our ABC7 studio to tell us about a few things that are going on in January.
1. Comedy in Chicago
- 11th Annual Chicago Sketch Comedy Festival, January 5-15; Stage 773, 1225 W. Belmont Ave.
- Second City's new UP Comedy Club, now open; 230 W. North Ave.
2. Chicago Cultural Center Art Exhibits
- The Wroclaw School of Printmaking, opening January 14; 78 E. Washington St., FREE
- Morbid Curiosity: The Richard Harris Collection, opening January 28; 78 E. Washington St., FREE
3. Outdoor Fun
- 6th Annual Polar Adventure Days, January 21 & February 18; Northerly Island, 1400 S. Lynn White Dr., FREE
- Snow Days Chicago, Jan 27-29; Navy Pier, 600 E. Grand Ave., FREE
4. New Neighborhood Attractions
- The new Black Ensemble Theater Cultural Center, now open, 4450 N. Clark St. (Uptown)
- The new National Hellenic Museum, now open, 333 S. Halsted St. (Greektown)
- The Old Town School of Folk Music's new arts education facility, opening January 9, 4545 N. Lincoln Ave. (Lincoln Square)