The expo is a showcase of Chicago's newest public schools, including charters. 11,000 students are currently on waiting lists to enroll in Chicago charter schools. Representatives from more than 100 elementary and high schools will be on hand to help parents and students learn about each school's curriculum, the enrollment process and even apply on the spot. Parents and students can find out about high-quality options across the city, attend education workshops and meet school leaders. More than 8,000 parents and students are expected to attend.
When: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 9:00am - 3:00pm
Where: Soldier Field (Indoors), 1410 South Museum Campus Drive, United Club Level One
The Expo is FREE and is presented by New Schools for Chicago and Chicago Public Schools.
- What should parents know when it comes to finding a charter school for their child.
- First, explore all of your options. Narrow your search by grade level, neighborhood, school size.
- Apply to several schools. Because some schools have a high demand, your child may be on a waiting list, so apply to several just in case.
- Ask questions. There is never a bad question when it comes to school applications.
- Most importantly, attend the New Schools Expo: You can learn about more than 100 schools at the event and even apply on the spot!