1 lb Artichoke Hearts
1 cup mascarpone cheese
10 oz Baby Spinach
1 oz chopped garlic
1 oz chopped shallots
1/2 cup white wine
6 oz olive oil
Salt/pepper to taste
1 lb jumbo lump crab meat
½ cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tbsp dry basil
1 tbsp dry oregano
1. Slice breadsticks into ½ slices on angle to make them a tad longer. Combine oregano and basil with 5 oz of olive oil. Brush both sides of sliced breadsticks with herbed oil and bake in 350F oven for 3-5 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Set aside to cool
2. In dutch oven pot, heat remaining olive oil over med high heat. Add garlic and shallots. Brown slightly. Deglaze with white wine. Reduce by half.
3. Add mascarpone, drained artichoke hearts, and spinach. Reserve 2oz spinach for garnish. Combine over low heat, stirring frequently. Season with salt and pepper.
4. When combined, add crab and mix carefully as to not break up pieces of crab.
5. Pour into fondue bowls, about ¾ full, depending on size. Or can use appropriate sized casserole dish.
6. Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over top evenly. Place in 400F oven for 3-5 min until cheese is bubbly and slightly browned. Garnish with remaining spinach and arrange herbed crostinis around dish.
Tip: For less expensive dish, substitute back fin or claw meat for lump, and cream cheese for mascarpone.