8 garlic cloves, peeled
1 1/3 cup fine polenta
1 cup heavy cream
2 tsp white pepper
Salt to taste
1 tbsp butter
1 cup olive oil
4 cups water
1. Place garlic cloves in casserole dish(oven safe). Cover with a cup of olive oil. Cover with foil. Roast in 350F oven for 25-30 min, until garlic is soft enough to smash with fork.
2. Let cool, and strain. Reserve olive oil
3. Puree garlic and water together with hand mixer or food processor.
4. Bring garlic broth and heavy cream to boil. Lower heat to simmer.
5. Slowly add polenta to liquid stirring constantly with wire whisk.
6. Continue to stir as mixture thickens and starts to pull away from side of pot.
7. Fold in butter and season with salt and pepper.
8. Rub casserole dish (10 x 10) with reserved olive oil. Pour mixture into pan. Cool in refrigerator for 1 hour.
9. Polenta will be solid enough to cut into shapes. Using cookie cutters cut into desired shapes.
10. Heat sauté pan over med high heat. Add 2 tbsp reserved olive oil. Pan fry polenta until crispy brown on both sides and heated thru.