February 8, 2012 --Finding the right Valentine's Day gift can be stressful. With all the perceived "meaning" and potential significance of the holiday to the future of a relationship (especially in the early stages), this is no time to "wing it!" A survey conducted by shopping search site, Shopzilla, found nearly half of new love birds say that finding and giving the appropriate gift is their biggest worry this time of year. Lisa Stricker from Woodfield Mall has some suggestions for fun gifts that appropriately correspond to each relationship phase.
- 1 to 3 Months -- something fun, and a bit indulgent, but not too personal; don't scare him/her away.
Kisses for You Puppy, Build-a-bear $18 (w/hoodie, jeans and shoes: $41)
Carcasonne, Gamer's World, $30
- 3 to 6 Months -- gifts to reflect your partner's passions and spark that adventurous spirit; show him/her you've been listening. Keep the gift under $100.
Vinturi Deluxe Aerator Set, Brookstone $70
Chicago Blackhawks Shirt and Hat, FansEdge, $35/$30
- 6 Months to 1 Year -- meaningful gifts that get to the heart of the relationship. Aim for something personal and unique to signify you're now an "item".
Mova Spinning Globe, Things Remembered $100
Philosophy Prints, Z Galleries $40 each
- 2 to 3 Years -- gifts that show true commitment, such as items for the home or apartment are perfect.
SoundLink Wireless Mobile Speaker, Bose $350
- 4 to 5 Years, and beyond -- creative yet useful gifts that remind your partner why you're together, such as luggage or backpacking gear.
Adventure Backpack, EddieBauer $80