Man rescued from Uptown apartment fire

February 18, 2012 3:50:31 PM PST
Firefighters rescued a man from a burning apartment Saturday morning on the city's North Side.

The man was trapped in a third-floor apartment of the building near Broadway and Lawrence in the Uptown neighborhood.

Firefighters spotted the man in a window and used a ladder to pull him out. He remains hospitalized in critical condition due to smoke inhalation.

The fire displaced 12 other residents of the building.

One firefighter was also hospitalized with what are described as non-serious cuts to the head.

Load Comments