Marist High School is a coeducational, college preparatory Roman Catholic secondary school located in the Mount Greenwood neighborhood of Chicago.It is located in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Chicago. The school was founded by and continues to be affiliated with the Marist Brothers. On September 9, 1963, the doors of Marist High School opened with 320 young men enrolled as the charter class. In fall of 2002, Marist entered a new beginning in its history as it became a coeducational school. The full transition to coed was completed in the 2005-2006 academic year. Marist Red Hawks
Marist Varsity Cheerleading:
- Advanced to state finals every year since it became an IHSA sanctioned sport in 2006
- Finished 2nd at JamFest Super Nationals in Indianapolis, Ind.
- Sectional champs and had the highest score of all the sectionals!
- Finished 3rd in the 2012 State Finals
- FIRST FEMALE TEAM since the school went coed to finish in the TOP 3 at a state final!
OTHER TEAMS IN THE STANDS INCLUDING THE PEP BAND: Wrestling
- 2012 East Suburban Catholic Conference champions
- Eight wrestlers advanced to state finals and six brought home medals: Mark Duda-2nd place at 113 lbs., Josh Pruitt-4th place at 195 lbs., Alex Benoit-5th place at 170 lbs., Josh Hickey-6th place at 285 lbs., David Kasper-6th place at 106 lbs., Peter Andreotti-6th place-at 152 lbs.,
- 2nd in regionals
- Competed and placed in several national tournaments
- 2011 Conference Champs
- 2011 Regional and Sectional Champs
- 4th in State
- 2nd in state 2009
- 2008 State Quarterfinalists
- 2011 ESCC Co-Champs
- Marist football alumni playing in football programs all over the country, including 5 currently playing in the Ivy League
- 2nd place Hip Hop Glenbrook competition
- 1st place Hip Hop Waubonsie Valley competition
- IDTA Bolingbrook Regional Competition last weekend- qualified 2 routines to go to the IDTA State competition this year on March 17th