6-7 Kale Leaves, Large
2 cloves Garlic, Minced
1 Shallot, Small, Diced
1 Egg Yolk
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice (save the juiced and zested lemon)
1 tsp Lemon Zest
2 Tbsp Parsley, Chopped
1 Tbsp Kosher Salt
6 - 8 oz Salad Oil
1. In a large saucepot, bring salted water up to a rolling boil.
2. Add kale leaves all at once and simmer for 2 minutes.
3. Pull leaves out and immediately shock them in ice water; drain.
4. Squeeze leaves into a tight ball, making sure to extract any excess moisture; chop up and place into a blender with garlic, shallot, egg yolk, parsley and salt; blend for 15 seconds.
5. With the blender still running, slowly add the salad oil in a thin stream until it achieves a puree-like consistency.