Author Maribeth Kuzmeski has written the book, "The Engaging Child: Raising Children To Speak, Write, And Have Relationship Skills Beyond Technology" (Red Zone Publishing, 2012, ISBN: 978-0-9717780-3-0, $18.95) (link: www.theengagingchild.com). Kuzmeski visited us in our ABC7 studio to give her strategies to help your kids develop communication skills.
Maribeth Kuzmeski's Strategies
1. Have them place a restaurant order.
2. Help them return an item to a store, especially at a busy time.
3. Ask them to set up an appointment.
4. Help them to decline invitations.
5. Equip them to converse with a stranger.
6. Make them do their own fundraising.