- For 3/4 Case of Korean Napa Cabbage:
- Brine: 5 Cups of Korean Sea Salt to 14L of Cold Water
- Dip Each head in Brine, and then sprinkle heavily with Korean Sea Salt. Let Soak for 4 hours, then bring bottom to top and resalt, let sit for another 4 hours. Rinse and ring.
- Rice Porridge:
- 1 qt and 1 C of water
- 1/2 C of rice flour
- Bring 1 qts of Water to a bowl.
- Combine 1/2 cup of rice flour with 1 cup of water. Mix well. Pour into boiling water and keep stirring for five minutes. Chill.
- Additional Fruit and Vegetables:
- 1 whole large Korean radishes
- 1 peeled asian pear julienne
- 1/2 C of green onion
- Julienne all vegetables and set aside.
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 knob ginger peeled
- 1/2 C water
- Puree garlic and ginger with water
- 1/2 C of Korean red Chili (Gochugaru)
- 1 Tbsp Korean Fish Sauce
- 2 Tbsp 3 Crab Fish Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Salted Shrimp (Korean)
- 1 tsp Sugar
1. Mix ingredients together.
2. Combine rice porridge, julienne vegetables, puree and sauce together.
3. Add Napa. make sure mixture gets equally distributed within the leaves. Massage ingredients together covering each cabbage leaf. Place into container. Make sure the ingredients are fully covered with liquid. Add water if needed. Cover with lid.
4. Set out at room temperature for 3 days. Place in the refrigerator for 7 additional days. Enjoy!
5. The Kimchi will stay fresh for 3 - 4 weeks.