April 3, 2012 (CHICAGO) --Premade Easter Baskets can be costly. But with a little no-how, you can create your own basket for a fraction of the cost.
Teri Gault, the founder of thegrocerygame.com, went shopping in Chicago at various drug stores and other retailers to find some really good deals. She used circular ads and coupons from her website to come up with the lowest prices.
- Teri's Do's & Don'ts.
- Do use things you have around the house like recycling baskets.
- Do shred paper and use that for the filling.
- Do shop at dollar stores to by filler items like stuffed animals, books and puzzles.
- Don't buy toys with pieces from dollar stores because many can be toxic and pose a choking hazard.
- Do cherry pick drugstores.
- Do go to more than one store and stack the deals by using store coupons and manufacturer coupons and rebates. Supermarkets are also a good place to look for basket fillers.
- Do stock up on chocolates the day AFTER Easter. Many stores will be marking that candy half price.