Chef Cliff Pleau helped create that concept for the company. Chef Pleau is sharing his recipes for Citrus Tabbouleh and Grilled Shrimp with prosciutto-basil wrap.
Seasons 52 located at Oakbrook Center
3 Oakbrook Center
Oak Brook, IL 60523
Grilled Shrimp Wrapped with Prosciutto & Basil
- 12 medium shrimp, peeled off, tail on
- 6 prosciutto slices, cut ½ lengthwise
- 12 fresh basil leaves, whole
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch black pepper, fresh ground
- 12 picks/bamboo skewers
Peel shrimp and keep them ice cold. On a clean, dry cutting board, lay prosciutto out flat. Put basil leaf on prosciutto at one end. Place shrimp on basil lengthwise. Roll up shrimp so it's wrapped in the prosciutto and basil.
Put vinegar and oil in a shallow dish. Roll shrimp in vinegar and oil to coat. Skewer with picks or bamboo skewers. Season wrapped shrimp with black pepper.
Grill over medium-hot heat until prosciutto is crispy and shrimp is cooked through. Serves well accompanied with pasta and fresh marinara sauce.
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 6 ounces water
- 5 drops Chipotle Tabasco
- 12 orange segments, cut in 4
- 1/4 cup sun-dried cranberries, reconstituted
- 1/4 cup English cucumber, diced small
- 1/4 cup tomato, diced small
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
Wash and zest lime, lemon, and orange. Squeeze juice and reserve.
Place the bulgur wheat in a flat glass baking dish. Combine olive oil, ginger, salt, and citrus zest. Mix with the wheat. Combine citrus juice, water and Tabasco. Heat in microwave for 1 minute. Pour liquids over wheat, set aside covered for 1 hour.
Place wheat in a bowl, add all other ingredients and toss lightly. Refrigerate until needed.