- Kahindo Mateene- Designer and Owner of Modahnik www.modahnik.com
- Anastasia Chatzka (Model is Miss Chicago Marisa Buchheit)
Print dress is an original Anastasia Chatzka print. It is limited edition to the summer 2012 collection. There are 4 dresses in the collection that use the print. The fabric is a silk crepe de chine 2. The dress has a fitted/tailored body with a flaired flowing hem.
You can purchase this dress exclusively at Floradora in downtown Chicago at Dearborn & Jackson. You can also purchase my garments at Mgo in wicker park & online at www.anastasiachatzka.com She also makes customs orders.
Design studio is located at 912 W. Chicago Ave. Unit 204 in the River West neighborhood.
- Ayssa Thomas - Comfort Me Boutique
Top: Name: Finley Top Candy Box Description: Coral Eva Franco sleeveless blouse with zipper in back and pink peplum near waist Price: $186
Jeans: Name: Lilly Indie Skinny Description: White skinny jeans by M2F w/ gold stitching Price: $130
Jewelry: Nicki Jean necklace and bracelets
THE SIXTH ANNUAL CHICAGO SIDEWALK SALE RETURNS TO DALEY PLAZA, JULY 17 AND 18 Shop local designers and independent boutiques during this FREE two-day outdoor fashion event
CHICAGO (May 16, 2012) - The Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events presents the sixth annual Chicago Sidewalk Sale at Daley Plaza, 50 W. Washington St. The two-day shopping event, held on Tuesday, July 17 and Wednesday, July 18 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., will be the perfect place to peruse an assortment of affordable apparel and accessories by Chicago designers and from independent boutiques.
With 40 participants showcasing everything from hats and handbags to shirts and shoes; the Chicago Sidewalk Sale offers head-to-toe Chicago looks for everyone. In addition to the shopping, a runway show will take place at 12:00 p.m. on both days featuring the latest styles from the participating fashion talent.
The following Chicago designers and independent boutiques (as of May 16, 2012) will be participating in the sixth annual Chicago Sidewalk Sale at Daley Plaza. For more information on each of the participants, visit their respective websites listed below.
- James Bregenzer of Clothes Horse, www.Clotheshorse.org
- Brynn Cappella of Brynn Cappella, www.brynncapella.com
- Jess Constable of Jess LC, www.jesslc.com
- Rachel Flynn of 1154 Lill Studio, www.1154lill.com
- Christine Hutchinson of five ACCESSORIES, www.fiveaccessories.com
- Eun Hee Kim of Sam & Coop, www.SamAndCoop.com
- Marjorie Marshall of Chapeau, www.chapeau.us
- Agnes B. Miles of Love Lulu Mae, www.lovelulumae.com
- Annie Mohaupt of Mohop Shoes, www.mohop.com
- Greg Shugar of The Tie Bar, www.TheTieBar.com
- Miriam Carlson of Miriam Cecilia, www.miriamcecilia.com
- Anastasia Chatzka of Anastasia Chatzka, www.AnastasiaChatzka.com
- Brooke Conrady of Blank Nation Apparel, www.blanknationapparel.com
- Kate Coxworth of Kate Boggiano, www.kateboggiano.com
- Nora del Busto of Nora del Busto, www.noradelbusto.com
- Joel Funk of Le Ninja, www.leninja.com
- Anna Hovet of Anna Hovet, www.annahovet.com
- Barbara Keisman of Casual Chic Collection, www.barbarakeisman.com
- Sarah Lafata of Fatavena, www.facebook.com/fatavena
- Kahindo Mateene of Modahnik, www.modahnik.com
- Crystal McCann of Silk Utopia, www.silkutopia.com
- Agga Raya of Agga B, www.aggab.com
- Erin Gallagher of Gem Bar, www.gembar.com
- Stephanie Bottigliero of Jefferson + Lake, www.jeffersonandlake.com
- Sarah Sebastian of JoJo & Sofia, www.jojoandsofia.com
- Jules Schwanbeck of Jules, www.shopjules.com
- Julie Schmidt of Juliet Jewelry, www.julietjewelry.com
- Christy Lucius of LUCIUS, www.luciusjewelry.com
- Kirsten Goede of Objets d'Envy, www.objetsdenvy.com
- Rachel Bommer of Rach B, www.ShopRachB.com
- Helen Tsatsos of Rock Candy by Helen, www.rockcandybyhelen.com
- Veronica Martens of Veronica Riley Martens, www.veronicarileymartens.com
- Boutiques Bourdage Pearls, www.bourdagepearls.com
- Comfort Me Boutique, www.comfortmeboutique.com
- Mali Jewelry, www.malijewelry.com www.malijewelry.com
- mGO Salon, www.mgofashion.com
- Michelle Tan, www.michelletan.com
- Panache Boutique, www.panachechicago.com
- Squasht by Les, www.squasht.com
- Sugar Fly, www.sugarfly.net
Home to over 400 local designers and 300 independent boutiques, Chicago boasts one of the most creative fashion communities in the country. The City of Chicago's Fashion Initiative, started in 2006, partners with the industry on resources and high-profile events for local designers and independent boutiques to gain visibility, learn about the business of fashion, and elevate the industry. For more information on the City of Chicago's Fashion Initiative and the Chicago Sidewalk Sale, visit www.chicagofashionresource.com .
Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events
The Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) is dedicated to promoting and supporting Chicago's arts and culture sector. This includes, but is not limited to: fostering the development of Chicago's nonprofit arts sector, independent working artists, and for-profit arts businesses; presenting high-quality, free or low-fee cultural programs accessible to residents and visitors; and marketing the City's cultural assets to local, regional, and global audiences. DCASE produces nearly 2,000 public programs, events and support services annually, generating millions in economic benefits for the City of Chicago.