The 3-month-old girl was found in a room after the blaze broke out in the 3100-block of West Franklin.
The family of the infant released a picture of Miracle Hooks, the child lost in the blaze Wednesday around 5 p.m.
The Red Cross is helping families who don't have a place to live.
Firefighters say they believe the fire started in the room where Miracle was found, but they don't know how it started. A space heater may be the cause.
"Heavy fire damage on the first floor. The fire appears to have originated there. The back porches are off the back of the building. The fire did get into all four apartments, not heavily on the east side, but heavy enough on the west side," said Deputy John McNicholas, Chicago Fire Department.
It's unclear whether smoke detectors worked in the apartment complex, but firefighters will be out in the neighborhood Thursday passing out new smoke detectors to neighbors.