A Chicago Landmark, the Village is a traditional Italian restaurant located on the second floor. Designed like a small Italian town, customers dine in cozy booths. The Vilalge also includes La Cantina and Vivere. A third generation of Capitaninis operate the restaurant to this day.
To celebrate its 85th Anniversary, Italian Village is offering a different one of its original menu items of "Alfredo's Favorites" each day of the week for lunch for $8.50.
- Monday-Alfredo's Special: ? spaghetti and ? meat ravioli with meat or mushroom sauce
- Tuesday- Alfredo's Salad: Mixed greens, tomato, artichokes, fresh mozzarella, diced chicken tossed in Italian dressing
- Wednesday- Chicken Breast Pizzaiola: Grilled chicken breast in tomato sauce of olive oil, garlic, oregano and parsley served with mostaccioli
- Thursday- Sausage Parmigiana: Italian sausage, baked mozzarella cheese, served with mostaccioli
- Friday-Spaghetti Marinara: in a sauce of plum tomatoes, olive oil, parsley and garlic
The Italian Village
71 West Monroe Street