Saturday, October 20, 2012, marks the only day all year when dogs are allowed at the garden for the Spooky Pooch Parade (www.chicagobotanic.org/dog).
ABC7 meteorologist Mike Caplan is judging the best overall category. Jeremy Davit with CBG and several families came into our ABC7 studio to show off their pooches in costumes and to talk about the event.
Also, the garden will offer several fee-based family programs (www.chicagobotanic.org/forfamilies) this fall. Julia McMahon with CBG was in our studio to tell us about those events and to show us how to make a few neat things with items straight from nature.
- Spooky Pooch
- Saturday, October 20, 2012
- 11 a.m. ? 1 p.m.; Dogs can stay until 2 p.m.
- Registration: Day-of tickets are $20 for members and $23 for non- members.
- Parking is $20 per car; free for members.
- Parade spectators pay for parking only.
- November Family Programs
- November 3, 2012: Three Sisters
- November 11, 2012: Beautiful Birds
Chicago Botanic Garden
1000 Lake Cook Rd.
- Interact with the Garden for this and other Garden events and programs:
- Blog: http://www.chicagobotanic.org/grow
- E-news: http://www.chicagobotanic.org/enews
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/chicagobotanicgarden
- Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/groups/chicagobotanicgarden
- RSS: http://www.chicagobotanic.org/feeds.php
- Strategic Plan: http://strategicplan.chicagobotanic.org/
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/chicagobotanic
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/chicagobotanicgarden