Making Strides Against Breast Cancer 5K
Saturday, October 20, 2012
Registration: 8:30 a.m.
Program Start: 9 a.m.
Walk: 10 a.m.
(Montrose Drive and Simonds Drive)
8 a.m. ? 1 p.m.: Event Site Open
8:30 a.m.-12 p.m.: Registration Open
- Register (if you haven't already), turn in donations, pick up your t-shirts.
- Kids' Tent Open with Crafts & Games
- Survivor and Health Activities Open
- Advocacy Efforts
- Patient Navigation Services
- Educational Information
- Survivor Tent Photo Booth Opportunities
9 a.m.: Opening Ceremony
The National Anthem: Maddie Mazzella, Miss Illinois Outstanding Pre-Teen
9:30 a.m.: Survivor Recognition at Main Stage
9:40 a.m.: Warm-up Routine: Zumba at Main Stage
9:50 a.m.: The Radio City Rockettes at Main Stage
10 a.m.: Walk Begins
- Water available near mile marker 1 and mile marker 2
10:15-10:45 a.m.: Yoga Begins for Non-walkers at Event Site
10:45-11:30 a.m.: Live Music and Entertainment at Event Site
- HAG Unplugged - Classic Rock Music featuring Breast Cancer Survivor Chris Olstad
11:30 a.m.: Closing Program
11:45-12:15 p.m.: Cool Down Activity
- Led by the Strides Team: Chi-Town Line Dancers
12:15-1:00 p.m.: Live Music ContinuesAmerican Cancer Society