Harold Washington Elementary carbon monoxide leak sickens 25 students

November 5, 2012 3:23:26 PM PST
Twenty-five students are recovering after they became ill from a carbon monoxide leak on Chicago's South Side.

It happened around 1 p.m. Monday afternoon at Harold Washington Elementary School near 91st and University.

The fire department says 25 children were taken to area hospitals after experiencing symptoms including nausea, vomiting and headaches.

Investigators say the leak may have been caused by a faulty boiler.

Load Comments