Jennifer Sterna, General Manager at Linly Designs shares ideas for fall place settings and demonstrate how to make the perfect fall wreath.
Starting with a bare grapevine wreath base, Jennifer adds "accessories" like pumpkin garland and gourds that make it fall festive. Other accessories can be substituted year round to update your wreath according to the season, such as berries and lavender in the spring.
- Beginning with the pumpkin garland, weave the pumpkin garland around the grapevine wreath, tucking in any loose ends.
- After the garland, add faux fall leaves that give the wreath some rich color. Tuck the leaves into the garland to make sure they are secure.
- Then, kick your wreath up a notch and attach small pumpkins or gourds by inserting metal wires into them and wiring them to your wreath any way you would like.
- Finally, finish your festive wreath by tying a beautiful mesh ribbon
For fall place settings, incorporate decorative fall objects like feathers and pumpkins to make your table seasonally elegant.
1. Thanksgiving Napkin Ring (two different examples) ? layer two napkins to create a lush look, and use seasonal napkin rings that you can use year after year for a special place setting.
2. Pumpkin Candle ?By adding touches of fall (ribbon, berries, leaves, etc.) an ordinary candle becomes a one-of-a-kind accessory for your table.
3. Decorated Glass Jar ? Fill the jar with seasonal candy (candy corn for Fall or Peppermints for Winter) and tie a pretty ribbon for a great party favor.
Linly Designs (www.LinlyDesigns.com) is located at 445 W. Ogden Avenue in Clarendon Hills and 1766 Second St. in Highland Park.
The price for a custom-made wreath is approximately $275.