Smoke detectors handed out after deadly fire

December 14, 2012 2:24:59 PM PST
Firefighters are handing out smoke detectors in Englewood Friday afternoon following a deadly fire that claimed the life of a woman.

They're reminding everyone about the importance of having a working smoke detector.

The woman died in a fire in the 5600 block of South Paulina around 6 a.m. Friday morning.

Paramedics tried to save her, but she was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital.

Firefighters found a new smoke detector still in its box without a battery in a drawer in the kitchen.


Load Comments