But if you're looking to get in shape this year, we have tips for you to keep your resolution! Stephanie Wainright, RAM Racing/ Hot Chocolate Participant Experience Manager, and John Palmateer, Running Away Multisport, came into our ABC7 studio to tell us the secrets to successful resolutions.
1. Choose a goal and set a date
- Sign up for a fun race with friends or family to keep you motivated
2. Take it easy as you begin your training plan
- Don't increase your intensity or training amount more than 10% per week
- Start with a run/ walk program, and work up to running a full 5K or more
3. Create a game plan
- Decide what training plan will work for you and do what it takes to stick with it.
- Keep an exercise log
4. Reward yourself
- An excellent first goal is Cinco de Miler - a Cinco de Mayo themed race party on May 5th
- If you're a bit more experienced, shoot for the North Shore Half Marathon on June 2nd