When eaten fresh, they are also so much more delicious! Chris Koetke, host of "Let's Dish" on the "Live Well Network," has a recipe to make these sweet treats right at home. You can find more recipes likes this on the Live Well Network (livewellnetwork.com/index).
Recipe for Coconut Ginger Macaroons
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serves: 36 cookies
2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups sweetened shredded coconut (16 oz.)
3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
? cup finely chopped candied ginger
4 large eggs
1. In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, coconut, ginger, and flour.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs together until well beaten. Add eggs to the dry ingredients and stir until incorporated.
3. Use a tablespoon or small ice cream scoop to spoon the batter onto a greased cookie sheet. Leave about an inch between macaroons in all directions.
4. Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown but still moist inside.
5. Place the macaroons on a rack to cool.