May 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) --Chicago's rental season is here. More than half of all leases in Chicago start on either May 1st or October 1st.
If you are an apartment or condo dweller and are bound by rules like no painting of white walls, there are some easy and inexpensive ways to incorporate color into your home! The new website, Homes.com has some tips.
- BRING IN SPRING TRANSFORMATION TIPS
- Green Thumb- Bring some greenery into your space by hanging a window box with planted flowers. Blooming flowers will add charm to any space.
- Bright Idea- Update old furniture by spray painting them in fun colors. A beat up wooden desk gets new life when painted a punchy bright yellow or blue.
- Popping Pillows- Throw pillows are often inexpensive and you can change them out with the seasons to brighten up a neutral living room.
- Blooming Bathroom- You can even bring spring into the bathroom by adding colorful hand towels.
- Table Tutorial- Dress up a glass coffee table by adding colorful scrapbook paper under the glass. It's easy to apply by simply using double-sided tape and you can easily change out the paper for a different look whenever you choose.
- Delightful Decals- Peel and stick wall decals are a quick and simple update to any plain surface.
- Fruity Finds- Fill a tray or bowl with granny smith apples for a pretty and tasty coffee-table accent.
- Entertain Friends ? entertaining can be done on a budget. Simply delight guests with a cheese tray, prepare your favorite main dish and invite friends to bring their own dish. Now you and friends can enjoy your gorgeously designed rental space.