Since we have closed on the first half of 2013 already it is a great time to review some key financial items now before the end of the year is upon us. Cliff Morgan with Strategic Wealth Management has some advice.
Meet with Cliff Morgan, Cliff@strategicwealthag.com or 219-476-3435
What type of financial goals people should set?
- New Home
- Start a Business
- Saving to an investment account
How do you determine how much you should save each month?
- Start with the end in mind and work backwards.
How can a family or individual determine how much to save each month?
- Has your tax bill gone up? (everyone will have less money at the end of the year because of new provisions)
- Taxes have gone up from 2012 to 2013
- Many Americans may owe more in taxes this year than they did last year.
- This will directly affect their savings plans and their reaching their financial goals
How much money should be an emergency fund?
- 3 - 6 months savings
- Important to have cash
Where should people put money for the biggest return?
- Know your individual investment risk tolerance