The City of Chicago is taking over the City of Boston's official website for one day after Mayor Rahm Emanuel won a bet and the Blackhawks beat the Bruins.
Mayor Emanuel and Boston Mayor Menino bet that whichever city won the 2013 Stanley Cup would get to take over the other city's official website for one day. That means Chicagoans will get to brag about why the Windy City is so great through a video posted on http://www.cityofboston.gov/.
Mayor Emanuel wants residents to submit photos and videos on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter using #StanleyCupVideo. The city suggests:
- Photos or videos of favorite places in Chicago
- Looking into a camera and describing why you love Chicago
- Take us on a tour of your neighborhood
- Interview your friends, family and neighbors
- Share a great Blackhawks or other Chicago memory
- Or anything else that can be imagined!
Videos can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline is August 5.