Serves Four Appetizers
- 12 Maine oysters ? washed & opened on the half shell
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup assorted local beets ? washed, peeled & sliced thin on mandolin
- 1 teaspoon shallot ? chopped fine
- 12 fresh tarragon sprigs or chives
- 2 tablespoon lemongrass ? chopped fine
- 4 oz. sauvignon blanc or dry Riesling
- 2 oz. unsalted butter ? room temperature
- Hawaiian red sea salt
- 1/2 lemon ? juiced
Reduce wine with lemongrass until 4 tablespoons remain. Cover and infuse for 10 minutes.
Put a drop of olive oil and black pepper on each oyster. "Roast" at 400 °F for 2 minutes. Remove from oven and keep warm. Whisk butter into lemongrass reduction a tablespoon at a time over low heat. Season with salt and pepper and strain.
Season beets in a bowl with salt, black pepper, shallot, 2 tablespoon olive oil and lemon juice. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon lemongrass sauce onto each oyster. Add beets and tarragon sprigs. Serve ASAP with Rose Champagne