Bela Gandhi of the Smart Dating Academy has some advice to get yourself back out there after divorce to find love again. Start Dating Academy has an event coming up designed for people trying to find love after divorce. At 12pm, August 15th, "Lunch with Bela" follow @smartdatingAC on twitter and get your most pressing questions after on the twitter "lunch" session.
TOP FIVE TIPS:
1) Make sure you are HEALED before you start dating....and that the anger and bitterness is gone.
2) Do a "Marriage Map" to understand what your dating/relationship patterns have been, and know what you're looking for this time around, so you don't seek out the WRONG people again and again.
3) Get Savvy with the Technology! The dating world has changed dramatically in the last decade, and over 50% of the marriages that we are responsible for happen because of online dating. There are over 1,500 registered online dating sites, and numerous apps to be aware of! You can use Match.com (Martha Stewart at 71 years old and divorced, is on Match!), eHarmony, datemypet.com. Women, you can check LuLu to find out how your man has been rated by other women. You can use Tinder to see who is in your area (Ms. America is on Tinder). And, don't over text when dating!!
4) Date "Outside of Your Box" Your mate will come to you in an unexpected package. Be open to different types of people ? and "lose" your type.
5) Get Your Dating Look Refreshed!