Since 2009, the City has had a single tree on Daley Plaza donated by a family. The Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) is accepting submissions from residents in the Chicagoland area of trees to serve as the "official" Christmas Tree on Daley Plaza during the Holiday Season.
The family who submits the "perfect" tree will get the opportunity to light it at the 100th Annual Chicago Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony on November 26!
Residents can contact DCASE via email at email@example.com or by calling 312.744.3316. All submissions are due by September 13.Requirements:
- Must be a Spruce or Fir tree
- Must be least 55 feet or taller
- Tree must be accessible, for safe removal
- Must be within 100 miles of Chicago's Loop
- Must include at least 2 photos