Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30-35 minutes
2 cups half & half
8 large eggs
1 pound extra sweet frozen corn, defrosted
1 Tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon kosher salt
? teaspoon paprika
3 strips of thick sliced bacon
1 cup finely chopped Spanish onion
1 clove garlic, minced
? cup finely chopped roasted red peppers
1 ? cups extra sweet frozen corn, defrosted
4 green onions
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. In a food processor or blender, place half and half, eggs, 1 pound corn, maple syrup, salt and paprika. Process until corn is finely chopped. Set aside.
3. Dice bacon into small pieces. Place in a large skillet set over medium heat and cook until the bacon is crispy.
4. Meanwhile, thinly slice the green onion, white and green parts. Set aside.
5. Add the chopped Spanish onion and minced garlic to the bacon in the saut? pan. Continue cooking until the onion is golden brown. Add the roasted peppers, 1 ? cups corn and green onions and heat until mixture is warm. Divide corn mixture between 12 - 6 oz ramekins. Place the ramekins in a large roasting pan.
6. Pour the egg mixture over the top of the vegetables in the ramekins and mix with a spoon to combine.
7. Carefully place the roasting pan into the center of the oven and fill with hot water to create a water bath for the custard. The water level should come half way up the ramekins.
8. Bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until the custard is just set in the middle.
9. Serve immediately or refrigerate and reheat later in the microwave.