He was in a vehicle parked in his family's driveway.
Police believe he was left unattended for two and a half hours before being discovered.
Ivan villa was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, where he was pronounced dead Friday night.
He died from heat stroke as a result of neglect.
"Yesterday it was like 100 degrees, his body couldn't take that, that's just really sad and my heart goes out to them because no parent should have to bury their child," said neighbor Rhonda Greyer.
Authorities say the parents had no intent or any knowledge the child was left in the car.