Let's Dish host Chris Koetke has the recipe for a favorite: deep fried bananas on a stick! You can find more recipes likes this on the Live Well Network.
Recipe for Deep Fried Bananas
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Serves: 12 (12 sticks)
6 large bananas, slightly unripe, peeled and cut in half width-wise
1 cup roasted salted peanuts, chopped
1-1/2 cup pancake batter (the just add water kind)
1/2 cup cornmeal
1 egg white
1 1/3 cup water
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Deep fryer filled with oil
24 6-inch wooden skewers
1. Heat the oil to 375 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine pancake batter, cornmeal, egg white, water, and cinnamon. Set aside for 10 minutes to thicken.
3. Place 2 skewers in the cut end of the banana so that about half of the skewer is left sticking out of the banana.
4. Put the crushed peanuts on a plate and roll each of the bananas around pressing the peanuts on so they stick.
5. Dip each banana completely in the batter.
6. Fry two at a time until golden brown (about 3 minutes).
7. Place finished bananas on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
8. Serve while still hot.