Chef Rodney's Kickin' Cheese Poppers
1/2 lb ground spicy pork sausage
3/4 cup cheese
1/4 cup cream cheese Buffalo Sauce
10 large jalepeno peppers
10 strips bacon
10 bamboo skewers, soaked in water
1. Place sausage in a skillet over medium heat and cook until evenly brown. Drain grease.
2. In a bowl mix sausage, cheese, cream cheese and a few dashes of buffalo sauce until well blended. Place mixture in a piping bag and refrigerate for 15 minutes. (If you do not have a piping bag, use a gallon plastic zip top bag and when ready to pipe cut off the tip of one of the corners.)
3. Cut to the tops off peppers and set aside. Scoop out the seeds and veins, discarding them
4. Pipe the cheese mixture into each pepper until filled to the top and replace top on each pepper. Skewer each pepper from the bottom through the top to keep pepper in tack.
5. Wrap a slice of bacon around each pepper and secure on each end of the skewer
When ready to serve, heat a grill to medium high heat or place on a prepared baking sheet under a low broiler. Grill or broil, turning occasionally until the bacon becomes crisp and the peppers become tender, approximately 15 minutes. Serve hot.