On Saturday, October 26, 2013, the Mental Health Association of Greater Chicago will host a fundraising event to benefit MHAGC and its programs. The event "In the Shadows" Masquerade Ball will take place at The Carlisle, located at 435 E Butterfield Rd., Lombard, IL 60148 from 6 pm ? 12 midnight. Tickets cost $150 and include food, open bar, entertainment and a donation to the charity.
Since 2005, the Mental Health Association of Greater Chicago has worked with middle and high schools in the Chicagoland area addressing mental health education. We provide an interactive program with multiple exercises and activities to teach students about mental health, reduce the stigma and raise awareness associated with mental disorders so they can better understand themselves and other people around them.
Learning 2 Live (L2L) is our cornerstone program with a "10 days in 10 weeks" curriculum designed to educate students about the 13 most common mental health disorders and may include 2tough2bully, Drug and Alcohol Use Prevention, and Dealing with Grief or Transition.
The goals of the program are to:
-Significantly reduce suicides and attempts
- Significantly reduce bullying and violence
- Help students successfully navigate the transition from middle school to high school and into emerging adulthood
-Create recognition that mental health is critical to overall health and wellness
- Provide children, adolescents, and their families problem solving skills and tools
- Remove the stigma of mental illness and provide healthy avenues to find help
- MHAGC strategically bridges the unique culture of schools, families, and communities by enhancing these partnerships so that children and adolescents have a supportive and nurturing school community
To attend Masquerade Ball: www.mentalhealthchicago.org/special-events/masq-ball-2013