Let's Dish host Chris Koetke, from the Live Well Network, has the recipe. You can find more recipes likes this on the Live Well Network.
Recipe for Chocolate Soup
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: minutes
3/4 cup half and half
8 oz. chopped high quality semi-sweet dark chocolate
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon instant coffee
Ingredients for the bar such as:
- Whipped cream
- Various alcohols like Irish whiskey, bourbon, grand Marnier, and Kahlua
- Minced crystallized ginger
- Minced candied orange peel
- Roasted chopped nuts
- Crushed candy canes
1. Bring half and half to a boil in a medium saucepan.
2. Place chocolate, salt, vanilla extract, and coffee extract in a bowl.
3. Pour hot half and half over the chocolate mixture. Whisk until smooth.
4. Return the chocolate mixture to the saucepan. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly so that the bottom of the pan does not scorch.
5. Serve in hot cappuccino or decorative cappuccino cups with the different bar ingredients. Each guest can then customize their own dessert.