They surveyed 80,000 consumers to find out which products people liked the most and would buy again. In addition to the winning products, the companion study to the survey, the BrandSpark/BHG American Shopper Study uncovered some valuable shopping statistics, such as:
- 89% of consumers feel proud when they get great value for their money.
- 56% of shoppers believe that private label products are just as good as brand name products while 42% consider store brands to be a better value. Despite this, American shoppers still see value in established brands and 68% prefer to buy brand name products on sale as opposed to purchasing a private label equivalent.
- 76% of American shoppers like trying new products, with 72% saying they look for new products that will make their life easier.
- Roughly 70% of Americans say they would be willing to pay more for a new product if it was better than the current selection of similar products.
- 76% of Americans say they are always looking for ways to reduce spending on everyday items and 68% say they often postpone making purchases until they spot a good deal.
- 66% of shoppers believe that research and development is regularly leading to better beauty products
For 2014, there are 91 winning products and in interviews on Tuesday, April 29, Amy Panos, Senior Editor at Better Homes and Gardens magazine will share her favorite food, beverage and household product winners including the Best Butter, Best Mexican Food, Best Paper Towels, Best Dish Detergent and Best Battery– all to help consumers shop smarter and find the greatest products.
- Heinz Jalapeno Tomato Ketchup
- Barilla Veggie Pasta
- Farmer's Garden by Vlasic
- Minwax Wood Finishing Cloths
- Seresto Flea & Tick Collar for Dogs