CHICAGO --It's DIY Friday! We're spilling quick, easy, money saying hair secrets! Deanna Whiteside from Lavender Park Salon joins us to share these hair hacks.
1. Use lotion to eliminate dry, frizzy hair - run a couple drops of lotion through your hair to eliminate dry, frizzy hair in the winter after taking off your hat or scarf
2. Use eye shadow to cover up grey hair - if you are in a pinch or need to cover greys before getting your hair dyed, use eye shadow that matches you hair color. Apply it with a sponge and set it with hair spray
3. Wrap wet, curly hair in a cotton shirt instead of a towel - for curly hair, an actual towel can roughen the cuticles of hair. Use a cotton t-shirt to scrunch your hair when wet instead
4. Substitute dry shampoo for baby powder or corn starch - when you run out of dry shampoo or want a cheaper fix, soak up extra oil by sprinkling baby powder or corn starch on your scalp, let it sit, and then blow dry the excess with a cold blow drier
5. Use vodka for extra shine - vodka has a lower PH level so when you want extra shine, add a shot of vodka to a cup of water and use it as a final rinse after conditioner. The PH level helps make hair shiny
6. Create temporary bangs - part your hair to side and sweep the bangs across your forehead. Pin back with a bobby pin