CHICAGO (WLS) --Chicago police issued an alert Friday for the Gresham neighborhood after several armed robberies in the last week.
Two men, captured on surveillance video, are wanted by police.
In two of the incidents, the described offender entered the business and allowed other customers to go ahead of him so that he was the last one in line and the only one in the business. The suspect in both incidents made a purchase then announced a robbery while pointing a hand gun at the clerk.
A list of the robberies:
- 50-51-block of West 79th Street on Jan. 17 at 6:03 p.m.
- 8500-block of South Cottage Grove Jan. 17 at 7:21 p.m.
- 300-block of East 87th Street on Jan. 19 at 8:13 p.m.
- 1900-block of West 79th Street on Jan. 22 at 7:35 p.m.
- 400-block of East 87th Street on Jan. 23 at 6:50 p.m.
Police are looking for two black men. The first offender is described as being between 16 and 25 years old, weighing between 165 and 190 pounds, wearing a black mask and black clothing.
The second offender never entered the store and remained outside as lookout and driver.