CHICAGO (WLS) --Fleet Feet, the Chicago area running store, polled runners in Chicago through Reddit and Twitter to determine the 12 most dangerous intersections in Chicago.
Some of the intersections are expected, like the six-cornered intersection of Damen, North and Milwaukee in Wicker Park ("Cars never yield to pedestrians, cross walks aren't easy to use either," one runner writes), or Kedize and Logan in Logan Square.
Roosevelt and Union in University Village is ranked as the most dangerous intersection. "Where the crosswalk signal doesn't matter and the red lights are just a suggestion," wrote Reddit user MachoMoco.
Close on its heels in second place is Diversey and Lake Shore Drive in Lincoln Park. "That's the only intersection where [there] can be no cars in any direction and I'll still just stand there and wait for the walk sign. Just not worth it," writes Reddit user callthebluff.
Fleet Feet's full list of Most Dangerous Intersections in Chicago are:
1. Roosevelt and Union, University Village
2. Diversey and Lake Shore, Lincoln Park
3. Kedzie and Logan, Logan Square
4. Alleyways, all of them
5. Elston and Irving Park, Irving Park
6. Halsted and Fullerton, Lincoln Park
7. Fullerton, Elston and Damen, Bucktown
8. Ashland and Cortland, Wicker Park
9. Ardmore and Sheridan, Edgewater
10. LaSalle and Clark, Lincoln Park
11. Sangamon and Jackson, Greektown
12. Damen, North and Milwaukee, Wicker Park
Bonus: Waveland and Kenmore, during baseball season