PHOTOS: Firefighter rescues guinea pig from house fire

<div class="meta image-caption"><div class="origin-logo origin-image none"><span>none</span></div></div>
As firefighters made their last check of a home in Mulberry, Fla., they found one family member was still left inside.

Polk County Fire Rescue firefighter John Williams rescued Rodney the guinea pig.

Rescue workers assessed that Rodney had inhaled a lot of smoke and gave him oxygen and water.

According to the Polk County Fire Rescue, the fire broke out at their Mulberry-area home when a man dropped a pan in which he was cooking, which then caught the kitchen on fire. The man sustained minor burns.
Related Topics:
petsfirefirefightersanimal rescueFlorida
(Copyright ©2016 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments