• BREAKING NEWS WEATHER RADAR: Track the storm with LIVE Doppler 7 MAX

6 people sickened by South Loop carbon monoxide leak

Chicago fire officials say six people in a beauty salon were sent to various hospitals in good condition after feeling sick as the result of a carbon monoxide leak in the South Loop.

Firefighters were called to a building at 11th and Wabash Wednesday evening after the customers and employees complained of feeling ill. The fire department says high levels of carbon monoxide came from a water heater that had been improperly installed.

All six people should recover fully.

Related Topics:
carbon monoxidehazmatchicago fire departmentChicago - South Loop
(Copyright ©2017 WLS-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments