Stranger alerts University Park family of house fire

EMBED </>More News Videos

A fire broke out in a University Park home on July 5, 2016. (WLS)

A University Park family escaped a house fire early Tuesday thanks to a stranger who came into their home to alert them.

The family was sleeping in their home in the 600-block of Sullivan Lane when the fire broke out in the middle of the night.

Cellphone video captured the huge flames coming from the home.

The house and the family's cars were damaged.

Neighbors said there were a lot of fireworks going off at the time, but it was immediately unclear if that played a role in the fire.
Related Topics:
newshouse fireUniversity Park
(Copyright ©2016 WLS-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments