Just because your kids get to trick-or-treat for candy doesn't mean you have to miss out on fun treats. You can stir up some bewitching brews and wickedly easy snacks perfect for your Halloween celebrations. Lifestyle Experts Caitlin Campbell and Danielle Sommerfeld from Once Upon a Dollhouse joined ABC 7 Eyewitness News with a few devilishly good party ideas.
www.sparklingice.com - cocktail
www.welchsfruitsnacks.com - wickedly easy snacks
www.sourjacks.com - wickedly easy snacks
www.gaeaus.com - wickedly easy snacks
www.imusausa.com - devil is in the details
www.t-falusa.com - devil is in the details
www.carringtonfarms.com - spook up supper
www.explorecuisine.com - spook up supper
www.over-ez.com - scare the hangover away
www.veestro.com - scare the hangover away
Dish: Carrington Farm's Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
1 butternut squash Cut up in 1" squares (or buy the cut up already one like I do! - 2 packages)
2 large carrots, cut in small pieces
1 medium onion, cut in small pieces
2T Carrington Farms Coconut Cooking Oil (regular or garlic)
1 cup Coconut milk (or more to taste)
3 cups Vegetable broth
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Toss vegetables in coconut cooking oil and roast on cookie sheet for about 45 minutes or until tender.
2. Put roasted vegetables into a soup pot and add coconut milk and vegetable broth, simmer until everything is warm.
a. Optional - while simmering take a potato masher and mash up the veggies.
3. Once everything is warm, transfer to a blender or vitamix and blend until smooth.
4. Transfer back to pot and simmer for 20 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Dish: Explore Cuisine's Black Bean Spaghetti with AFRAID-O Sauce
1 box Explore Cuisine black bean spaghetti - cooked, drained
1 jar of alfredo sauce (can choose gluten-free)
1 jar of marinara sauce (choose one that is more blood red in color, rather than orange)
1. Heat the sauces in separate saucepans over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
2. Place warm Explore Cuisine black bean spaghetti in the center of four serving plates.
3. Ladle alfredo sauce over the center of the spaghetti.
4. Splatter marinara sauce over the entire dish, in a gruesome manner.
5. Garnish with basil.
*add plastic bones for show!
Party ideas for adults on Halloween
ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT
More Arts & Entertainment