Three charged with stabbing homeless man in South Loop

Three men were charged with stabbing and robbing a homeless man in the South Loop.

Three men charged with stabbing and robbing a homeless man on Monday in the South Loop neighborhood had their bonds set at $150,000 and $100,000 on Thanksgiving.

Officers responded at 9:10 p.m. to the 300-block of South Michigan Avenue and saw three men battering a 57-year-old man, according to Chicago police.

The officers broke up the fight and learned the 57-year-old had been stabbed four times and the men also stole his book bag, police said. The 57-year-old was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital in serious condition.

Francisco Arroyo, 23, of the 5200-block of South Albany; Julio Chavez, 22, of the 4600-block of North Beacon; and Jerry Teran, 22, of the 2100-block of South May were each charged with felony counts of armed robbery and aggravated battery, police said. Additionally, Teran was charged with resisting a police officer.

On Thursday, bond was set at $150,000 for for Arroyo and at $100,000 for both Chavez and Teran, according to court records. All three were expected to appear in court again on Monday.
Related Topics:
newsstabbingChicago - South Loop

Load Comments